Sunday, May 13, 2007

An angel got her wings.....

At Grandma's house
.
I have sat down to the computer a couple of times in the last few hours and couldn't type because the tears welled and in my eyes making the page a blurr. On wednesday the 9th I lost my beloved Grandma, she was buried yesterday, making this the most painful Mother's day for my family.
My Grandma was not "just" my Grandma, she was too my mentor and one of my best friends. My Mom and Dad were sixteen and twenty when I was born so my Grandma was a very important part of my upbringing, I spent almost every weekend with her and Grandpa and I did spend the summers with them at our cottage in Port Burwell.
I was so thrilled my Grandma got to be a part of our adoption process right from the dossiers to the homecoming at the airports, this was so important to her as she was there also to help me heal and grieve through my hysterectomy in my mid twenties.
My Gran was a beautiful woman, strong , independent, she overcome so many of life's obstacles with such fight while maintaining such grace and dignity.
Today has been such a hard day remembering to smile at my own children as they presented me with homemade mommy cards and gifts as my grief is gripping my heart.
I want to thank her for being the best Grandma and great Grandma, I love and miss you, your legacy and love will live forever in our hearts.

3 comments:

crazylady said...

(Oh great, comments are activated...blogger has been so stupid all day)
I already emailed you privately, but this warrants my public acknowledgment of my sympathy. I am so sorry to hear about your recent loss. This must have been a very emotional weekend indeed. I wish there were words. How difficult to keep a strong face for J & J. That's the stuff moms are made of. Titanium steel on the outside with marshmallow on the inside. Call me if you need anything. I will make the drive.
hugs,
Senja and family

Glinda said...

There are no words; just heartfelt sympathy.

I am sorry for your monumental loss.

Diana said...

I am so sorry about your loss, and thank you for sharing.
Have a great day with your beautiful family just as your grandma would have wanted you too.