Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Wishes.....

Yesterday our family found out someone who we have shared something monumental and life changing with is fighting for his life. This has rocked our family beyond belief, we can't begin to share the emotions we felt this morning.
After getting the news, sharing tears, I decided to take my girls to the park and just breath in there innocence. I watched them play oblivious to the pain of the world can offer, I watched them giggle, chase each other, hug, pretend to be someone else and escape into a make believe place. I felt almost jealous that I was a grown up and my heart couldn't forget the pain it was feeling.
I wanted to escape to the make believe magical place where I could laugh and forget and not think about B and his family and how much they are hurting.
Just when I thought my precious five year old hadn't got it, she began to pick the old dandelion heads in a big bouquet. With a very serious little face she asked her sister to come over to Mommy. Standing in front of me she asked me blow the dandelion and help her wish come true. I asked her what her wish was, half expecting her to say what she always does, a horse Mom.
My eyes welled and a lump held the cries in my throat as she replied, "All these wishes Mommy are for K and G's Daddy to get better and stay with them."
I had thought she didn't get it......

I love you Princess puddin' pop, you show me the wonders of mankind and how good people can be. I am so proud to be your mommy.

Our thoughts are with you B. Fight.

17 comments:

Sophie's Mom said...

So sorry to hear you're going through a hard time. I will lift 'B' up in prayer for healing. God knows the details...

mommy24treasures said...

oh I pray he is healed and these babies have their daddy as they grow up. Praying for a miracle. (which isn't difficult for a miracle working God)
hugs
C

RamblingMother said...

Sorry to hear of your friends fight.

Beverly

Tracy and Bob said...

You are all in my thoughts a prayers! I will lite a candle for your friend at St. Patricks Catherdral. I always find peace there.

Sending you lots of hugs!

Ashley Winters said...

Sending positive thoughts your way.

PS. Love your blog!

Ashley Winters said...

Sending positive thoughts your way.

PS. Love your blog!

Steffie B. said...

I'm lifting up your friends in prayer. And you as well.
Hugs.....

Two Kayaks said...

"After getting the news, sharing tears, I decided to take my girls to the park and just breath in there innocence."

I loved this sentence. Children breathe out their innocence and into us it becomes a solace.
My thoughts are with you.

redmaryjanes said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your friend and his family. You should be proud, she is an amazing child.
Fight B!

Nikki said...

Oh Kerri, I am so sorry to hear about your dear friends...you have a friend who will be praying!

And, what your sweet Puddin' Pop did brought tears to my eyes - what a sweet, sweet soul.

kerri said...

Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes for B.
It means a lot to his family and ours.
Thank you. :)

4D said...

I am sorry to hear that sad news. My thoughts are with B.

Keep smilin!

Headmeister said...

Chills.... I will say a prayer for B...

"M2" said...

I am sorry to read this.
Your kids are wonderful, and nothing could have been more perfect than a wish on a dandelion

kitchu said...

Wishes on dandelions are the best kind of prayers. I'm so sorry to read this...

insanemommy said...

Children constantly amaze me at how aware they really are. I'll be praying for your friend.

Lori said...

Ooh, that gave me goosebumps. Children are so sweet.
I'll say a prayer for B too.