Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Billy Bones

Billy Bones........ Last night my hubby decides(10 minutes before bedtime, not a good idea) he is going to get Halloween decorations out and sort through them so we can put them up tomorrow.
He gets out some masks , puts them on and scares the girls(bedtime??), they run around screaming hysterically, Jennifer starts to laugh while Jillian cries until Daddy takes it off and she sees his face.Now I am getting a little miffed as to why he is doing this because I am a firm believer of calming their surrounding half an hour before bed, quiet time, bath time and story, all sshhh quiet.
Well it gets worse, dear hubby gets out Billy Bones, now he scares me!! It is a skeleton that starts automatically to sound. Well you guessed it, Jill is screaming Billy is a dancing and singing"The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out" his eyes are glowing red.
Jillian is running to me for comfort trying to crawl over my back to get way, all the while we are trying not to grin(no hate mail please.....). I scoop her up go upstairs, calm her and get her ready for bed. Luckily no nightmares took place, thank goodness.
This morning after breakfast I wanted to shower quickly before bed so I asked the girls to go downstairs for a quick cartoon of Wonder Pets, they agreed and off they went.
Just as I was walking towards the bathroom I heard Billy Bones laughing, singing and dancing!!!
The hysterical screams followed, oh my hubby is going to get tricks tonight no treats...........
AAAAAAHHHHHH.......

6 comments:

4D said...

Men! Sometimes they are kids themselves.

Keep smilin!

Deb said...

Sounds like he is having fun! YOur hubby I mean,,,,,well Billy Bones might be having fun too.

Your blog looks great!

mommy24treasures said...

isn't it funny how us moms are all into the calm shhh's and the men are such babies themselves? Except then they wonder why are the kids so hyper and won't lay down???? 5 min after he starts wresting and being the human playground.

Sounds like your house was full of fun.

redmaryjanes said...

That is funny! We have some noise making decorations too. Eli was scared of them at first, but he laughs.

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

You blog looks great! Good luck!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Yoli said...

Your blog is beautiful! Great job!