Friday, October 5, 2007

Apple Picking


We went to our local apple orchard, to pick some tasty crisp eating apples. My favourites are Johna(sp?) Golds and of course the old Macintosh. The kids (Mommy and Daddy too)eat as much as they put into their basket.

"Is this a good one Mom?"


I love this little face. Pucker up, baby.
We found some of the apples a little small and sour this year, I don't know if it had anything to do with having such a dry growing season.



Jillian finding the perfect apple.




Jennifer getting a helping hand from her Daddy.





Checking out the pumpkin' patch.

On our way out of Apple land we bought the best apple pie(next to my Grandma's)we have ever tasted. We must go back again, we are craving another. *wink*




8 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

looks so fun! That is one thing we don't have here I would love to do, I have seen alot of blogs with apple fun. We do have pumpkin patches, so I guess I should count my blessings.
Great pics!

insanemommy said...

I have to find an apple orchard. This looks like fun.

Jewels of My Heart said...

What a lovely day..... I want to play too!

Nikki said...

That looks like a whole lot of fun...love the scrunched up funny face! Sooo cute.

Sam said...

*sigh* The kids are wearing coats! Mine are getting heat stroke. Wish we were there!

Yoli said...

I wish we had something like this here. I love seeing children picking apples and the beautiful winter clothing. Like Sam we are swealtering down here.

RamblingMother said...

That sour apple face cracked me up.

beverly

"M2" said...

I've never seen a pumpkin patch either
how the heck do you go about finding one?