Saturday, October 27, 2007

Hard Boiled

On Saturday mornings when my hubby is off work we try to head to our local farmer's market.
I love going to show the girls the vegetables, fresh flowers, animals and various fresh fruits. It is educational for them to see fresh produce being sold by the farmer just not sitting on the grocery shelves.
So we all headed in to the market and the girls wanted to go see the bunnies, chickens and other various types of fowl on sale.
They were watching the chickens when one hen pops out and egg right in front of Jennifer, her eyes big as saucers, she got all excited and squealed in a booming voice"Mom, that chicken just laid an egg". Well her voice carries and drew a small crowd, the farmer selling the chickens came over opened the cage and handed Jen the egg.
Examining the beautiful brown egg with her Dad, her Dad pointed out it was still warm.
In the sweetest voice she pipes up, "Hey Mom, this egg came out hard boiled".
The farmer and the crowd she had drawn grinned and laughed, couldn't help but.
The farmer gave her the fresh egg and she went home and helped her Daddy make it into an egg and cheese on an English muffin.
I love this child, her sweetness and her innocence. I will have a grin on my face for the rest of the day.....

9 comments:

Sophie's Mom said...

That is hilarious, and so sweet! Sounds like something you would read in Reader's Digest, know what I mean? You'll have to submit it!

insanemommy said...

I'm glad she didn't try eating it right there! this made me smile too.......

mommy24treasures said...

I read this earlier but did not have time to comment; but it made me smile all evening! I love it! Thanks for sharing it so we could smile too!

Nikki said...

Life with children just makes everything magical!
She is a doll...thanks for the smile.

Roy and Lori said...

This was such a cute story! How
precious!

redmaryjanes said...

You will have a grin on your face for the rest of your life. They never stop saying funny and amazing things. Being a parent is a miracle every day. Your girls are just darling!

Pug Mama said...

That is too funny - and oh my gosh - I LOVE your new header!!!!

D & S said...

What a cutie. I love the innocent little comments kids come out with.

Alyson and Ford said...

Children say great things.I hope I write down everything our future Lizzy says. So cute!

Alyson