Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Camp Day

Today is camp day at my favourite coffee spot Tim Hortons. I f you purchase a coffee there today 100% of the proceeds goes to sending underprivileged children to 6 upscale camps. These camps are located in Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, Nova Scotia and one in the U. S. in Kentucky.
Tim Hortons was founded in 1964 by Tim Horton, a player in the National hockey League(yes, us Canucks are known for hockey and Timmie's). He and a partner operated the company until Tim Hortons tragic death in 1974(car accident), at this time his partner bought the franchise from the Horton family.There are presently 3000(we love our coffee)stores in Canada and 336 in the U.S. and 1 just outside of Kandahar, Afghanistan.
Well there you have it , some useless facts for the day. I just wanted to post to remind everyone to go and order a coffee in support of the Tim Horton's foundation and send a kid to camp. Hey in the spirit of my friend Sen buy the car behind you a coffee too, it 's a great cause.

Just a quick note, I took the girls to camp day with me at 10 am. this morning. in the drive thru they had window washing set up for a donation so we got washed for a Loonie. Then at the window we purchased a "tent" for a Loonie. They gave us our order and we are driving away from the window and Jennifer pipes up,
"Mom, did I miss something here, where's our tent, they forgot to give us our tent".
Still grinning at her three hours later.

1 comment:

crazylady said...

I paid hommage. Though I think I have paid for a couple resorts for them by now.