Friday, November 23, 2007

Looking back...

Jillian with First Hugs Nanny

My baby at 1 year, so tiny.
As I prepare for my baby's third birthday I can't help but reminisce . It has been two years since we brought our daughter home and what an amazing couple of years it has been!!
Jillian was born in Fuling and waited for us in Chongqing. Jilly bean was a very tiny baby and at 8 months had slightly delayed motor skills, she could sit but only for short periods, couldn't take a handkerchief off her head without falling over, unable to stand for any length of time and constantly cried for attention.
In the Chongqing orphanage there was a program(near and dear to my heart forever)called"The First Hugs Program", Jillian was one of the first babies placed. Within a four month period my baby could stand, could take steps while holding her hands, no longer cried for constant attention and formed healthy attachments to her nannies. I will be forever in the debt of the many supporters out there who generously donated time and money to see this program come to fruition and develop. Without this program and the wonderful nannies I really don't know what would of happened to my daughter, I know first hand the benefits these babies receive.
Today Jillian is quite an amazing little girl, beautiful, clever, very humorous, affectionate and I am happy to report her motor skills, let's just say the Doctor said she has no problems in that department. If he could catch her he'd probably be able to examine her. LOL.
So as I plan to celebrate her third birthday I can not help but give thanks to her beautiful, loving birth Mother, her home for fourteen months, the Chongqing Orphanage(The Lily Care Centre) and the First Hugs Program and the wonderful caring Nannies. For protecting, nurturing and loving my daughter I am indebted forever.

10 comments:

4D said...

That is a wonderful program. What a precious little peanut!

Keep smilin!

Sam said...

Beautifully stated! Jilly was a little squirt, wasn't she! Now she is a gorgeous little girl!!! They grow up so fast...

kerri said...

Correction, I said Jillian was in the Chongqing orphanage, wrong!!
You'd think her Mom wouldn't make this mistake, she was in the Fuling orphanage.
the Lily Care Centre, hence her middle name Lily. Our guide for our first trip was named Lily too, we just adored her. So we had to include her in our family.

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Jillian certainly was a teeny tiny little cutie and she is growing in to a precious little girl.

I guess time goes too fast once they are home.

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Anonymous said...

I love the name Jillian! She's a little beauty, for sure. Happy birthday to her!

Dawn - AB Family said...

I’m so glad we got to travel with you guys.
When our little girls would interact with each other, there was defiantly a spark between them.
Jillian is a great little girl and we hold her close to our hearts.
Dawn

mommy24treasures said...

awww love this post... Love seeing her so tiny... Caitlyn and Jillian are very close in age. Her bday is Dec 8. Looking forward to you Tinkerbelle party pics!

Nikki said...

The first hugs program sounds amazing...how wonderful to know your sweet girl was in loving hands while she waited for you.

Steffie B. said...

That is amazing and she is just so precious!

redmaryjanes said...

I can only hope that our daughter is in such a program. The people who work with our children are truly a blessing.