Saturday, February 9, 2008

Forever in my heart..















This is my heart, this is part of my soul, this is my first love.
It was five years ago today that you took my breath away, I saw you across a crowded hotel room being held by one of your nannies. I can't remember ever feeling so nervous, so overwhelmed, so consummed with such an intense feeling of love.
I held you, you looked at me and cried(and cried for 5 hours, LOL), I think you felt my nervousness. I couldn't even cry, I was so overwhelmed with emotions. I placed my cheek against yours and felt your soul touch mine, I had never felt that in my life.
I knew love, I had married the most amazing man in the world, but it was different, it felt like no other I 'd experienced. I knew from the moment I took you in my arms there would be nothing that I wouldn't do to protect you, forever.
As I have watched you grow from baby to toddler, to my "big" girl you have amazed me, made me burst with pride, sometimes, yes, you have made me a crazy Mom.
You are everything I dreamt my daughter would be, loving you and being your Mom has been an honor and truly a gift.
I love you Puddin' Pop'.
Momma

25 comments:

4D said...

Happy 5 years! What a beautiful and special little girl.

Keep smilin!

Maia said...

Mmmmmmm..you actually made me choke up. And that ain't easy!

Steffie B. said...

beautiful....made me teary... I can feel your love! ;)

crazylady said...

It may not be the easiest way to give birth but heck, just listening to the story over and over never loses it's emotion and charm. She is incredibly gifted, smart and pretty. Congrats on your family day today. Way better holiday than the bogus "Family Day" we get next week!
p.s read your email. I pulled the blog.

insanemommy said...

what the heck is going on with your header?

Nikki said...

Oh Kerri! Happy 5 years with your beautiful Puddin' Pop!!!!
Loved your post to her.
XO

Sophie's Mom said...

So beautifully written, and clearly from the heart.

Congratulations!
Christine

Sam said...

Happy Familyversary!!!! Beautiful post!!!

OH MY #6 said...

How wonderful.

Lea

D & S said...

Just beautiful.

Jewels of My Heart said...

Happy 5 years..... Your post to your beautiful daughter is so special... whenever you relive someones Referral or Gotcha Day it makes your heart smile... because you know.... you get it.... and as you read their words.... you find yourself there... reliving your own, incredible, dream come true day.
So happy for you.
God Bless You

Two Kayaks said...

What a beautiful post. Happy 5 years together!

Carol said...

She is so beautiful.......she will break some hearts one day!

Congratulations on 5 years....

Kim said...

Happy 5 years with "Puddin Pop"...
She is soooo pretty..
Have a Great Sunday..

mommy24treasures said...

beautiful beautiful....

Steffie B. said...

have a great week! ;)

~Amy~ said...

Just beautiful...

Have a great start to the week!

Diana said...

Happy Anniversary!
I just love that nickname "Puddin Pop".

RamblingMother said...

is this a happy family day? Well so beit then. HAPPY FAMILY DAY!!

Beverly

mommy24treasures said...

look at you figuring out that html code one piece at a time! Looking good. If you get stuck ask.
Connie

Julie said...

What a beautiful post! And a beautiful girl! She has great hair! Thanks for sharing your story. I could listen all day. And thanks for your comment when I was feeling a tab bit :o) overwhelmed - it helped so much!

Denise C said...

Oh this is just precious! She is such a beautiful little girl! Thanks for sharing your heart so sweetly! Thanks for visiting me as well! It's great to "meet" you!!!

JMCS said...

Okay, big lump in my throat right now. What a beautiful post to your little girl and I can't believe how grown up she looks in the last picture. What a beauty! Isn't it so wonderful to be blessed? Life is great! Happy 5 year Family Day!

Hugs,
Jonni

Denna said...

Great post. You have a beautiful little girl.

polkadot said...

she's beautiful... but you knew that already!