Thursday, May 8, 2008

She gave me "Patience"

Last evening we had a Mother-Daughter Sparks meeting. Jennifer informed me we were going to make a craft together for Mother's day and then we were going to do some dancing.
We arrived at 6 and got started making our craft.
We were given a clay pot and the girls were to paint something on it that they like to do with their Mom's. Jennifer painted her and I gardening, it was a masterpiece, she painted the sun, butterflies, a rainbow and some beautiful flowers on it.
The next step was to plant some impatience in the pot, she chose a wonderful cheery pink color.
When all was finished(dancing and all) we left for home.
Just as I was driving home she piped up in the backseat "I'm so glad you could come Mom"
I said "I was so pleased that we had such a nice time"
The she added"Do you like the patience I gave to you in the pot"
I broke into laughter and told her they were called impatience.
She replied with a frown "Your already impatient"
I love this child, LOL.
Giving me a pot of "Patience", if were that easy, he he ......

18 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

Can I have one pot of patience over here? ;)
How sweet.

OH MY #6 said...

so very cute that story.

Love the xo on the pot.

Enjoy.

LEa

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy(Kim & John) said...

How fun!!!!
Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL time..
Have a Great weekend..
HUGS

Vivian M said...

I could definately use a pot of patience!
What a wonderful bonding experience.

Beverly said...

LOL! I need a pot of patience too!

Beverly said...

LOL! I need a pot of patience too!

nikki said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!! That is exactly what I want for Mothers' Day too...a BIG pot of patience!

redmaryjanes said...

That is too cute! I got a tulip...wonder what that means?

Bonnie'n'Clyde said...

Haha! Humor from the mouths of babes! I love it.

Happy mother's day, sweet Kerri!
May your world be full of love and laughter this weekend. OX

Sam said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I used to have "patience", but I killed it!!!

mommy24treasures said...

Happy Mothers' Day weekend sweet friend:)

Dolores and Shawn said...

That's very cute!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Kids always tell you exactly what they think!

I would need more than 1 pot of patience!

Have a Happy Mother's Day!

Lisa

Kelley said...

I'd like to have a pot of patience! I just love that!!

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

kris said...

That is too funny! Happy Mother's Day!

Ashley Winters said...

Every parent needs to have patience. I am constantly working on it.

Jonni, John & Sofia said...

What a sweet little princess Jennifer is (as well as Jillian).

I love the "patience" she gave you and what a nice way to spend time together.

Hugs,
Jonni