Saturday, September 29, 2007

Dinah, won't you blow your horn.

For a couple of weeks now, Jillian has developed a fear of the train whistles that haunt our home in the wee hours of the night. We live along a river, on the other side of it are the CN tracks.

Now this is the sign that stands stoic as the rumbling steel giants roar past, yes, you read it properly!! NO WHISTLES at this crossing.
Now, I am no fool, I know that under certain circumstances one should blow the horn, animals standing on tracks, car stalled or crossing in between wig-wags or I suppose the odd crazy drunk passed out lying belly up sleeping in the rails. But MR. Conductor, must you play tunes at three, four and five in the morning? Are you jealous that I live in a BEDROOM community and I might(OR NOT) be sleeping. Fear not I haven't had much rested slumber in a few weeks, my little one hears your beckoning from a distance and wails above your horn. While Mommy(yes, Daddy too) has the gift of getting Jilly-bean to settle rather quickly I am left to toss and turn and count your toots well into the night until dawn.

So I am begging you, please , please stop calling me in the starry night, roll quietly down the rail.
I need sleep, please, pretty please, sh sh sh............



5 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Here's wishing you some peaceful sleep.

Thank you for your kind words.

mommy24treasures said...

awww, I am sorry. My kids fall asleep with a cd player playing soft children's praise music, could something like that or a lullaby cd help? Maybe drown it out?

"M2" said...

they have medication to help with this
I should know

kitchu said...

I don't know how you do it. I'd go crazy! I so need my sleep~!

insanemommy said...

Hoping you get some shut eye and soon.