Thursday, July 12, 2007

From Daddy with love.

As many of you know my hubby built this house for his girls, I know I am a little bias but this is one of the most beautiful little tree houses I have ever seen. I was so proud of him, he just got an idea in his head and started to build, no plans. It is very Lemony Snickets, whimsical, nothing is square, very crooked and hard to build. I think you'll agree, he did a great job.Askew Construction in the beginning phases, roofing still in progress. The shingles were probably the biggest ticket item as far as cost goes, but added a really nice touch, I am glad we went with them over the asphalt.

As Canadian winters go, all construction grinded to a complete halt, you can see some of the roofing still has to be completed.


Spring came in like a lamb and we were able to get the roof completed and the outside primed and ready for pretty paint. We could not decide what color to go with , we had to consider the neighbourhood as everyone can see it for a block or two. One afternoon the girls were driving their princess mobile around and voila, the color choice came to be!


Still painting in this photo, hubby had to work on it on days off or after work. He never minded, it was labour of love for his girls(him too, he's such a big kid).


Our finished product, we love it, the girls spend so much time up here. We have tea parties and picnics from the balcony. We are going to work more on the inside, curtains ect, should be fun. Was thinking of a nice sunny yellow for the interior, something bright and colorful.
I think the girls will be able to get back to playing in their tree house soon, looks like Lovey Dovey's baby is getting pretty big.

19 comments:

Tracy and Bob said...

That is great! My daddy built me a doll house when I was a little girl and it is the one memory that I take with me everywhere. We "worked" on it together and then me and my mommy decorated the inside and even bought real furniture for it.

I am sure your girls will remember that tree house forever.

insanemommy said...

This is amazing Kerri! My neighbor built a kids playhouse for his kids years ago and we all thought it was the bomb. Love the colours too.

redmaryjanes said...

I love it. That is the most darling tree house I have ever seen.

kitchu said...

Oh I'm like retro-jealous over here! I'm calling my dad... I WANT ONE!

Kelley said...

WOW!!! That is absolutely adorable--thanks for the story and the pictures! That is just too cool!

Diana said...

That treehouse is fantastic! Like something out of a storybook. Isn't it amazing how wonderful hubby's can be when it comes to creating something for their kids?

Elizabeth said...

I absolutely LOVE it. So whimsical and lovely. I would have loved such a play tree house.

4D said...

That is totally awesome!! What a wonderful place for the girls. I am jealous...I want one!

Keep smilin!

Heather said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Can we hire your husband to build one for our boys?????? I absolutely LOVE it!!!!!!!!!
Heather

Pug Mama said...

beautiful!

crazylady said...

someone lost their level.
*snort*

Jewels of My Heart said...

Oh, how I dreamed of a tree house like that when I was little... When Lovey Dovey's baby begins to fly can Hannah and I come over and play too.
What a treasure from the heart Daddy has given them.... I can just see them telling their grandchildren someday about all the priceless childhood memories they had in the beautiful treehouse their Dad built them...
Priceless...

Steffie B. said...

I love it.....what fun!

Nikki said...

You definitely should be proud of your hubby...that is an incredible treehouse. I love it! The colors are just perfect too.
Post pics of the inside once it's finished too please!

"M2" said...

That's very cool... I just love the balcony.
Show us the interior when you decorate please.
And... with "Crazy lady" a nice level might make a good Christmas gift
It resembles the roof on our barn...
has some character no??

Two Kayaks said...

That is simply beautiful!! What a girt your hubby has!
If K2 saw this, he would be printing it out and making plans...

Donna Paonessa said...

How cool...I'm sure your girls have tons of fun up there...what great memories they'll create with that little house!!!

Christi and Abbey said...

It's fantastic! Love the color. My dad built my sister and I a play house when we were little. The sink had running water. It was so cool. I have a thing for treehouses and your is so storybookish.

Sophie's Mom said...

That's the coolest treehouse I've ever seen! Lucky kiddos! Will he have to trim the branch holes as the tree grows! That's some hardcare maintenance there, but well worth it.

It's a beauty!