Thursday, February 19, 2009

I love your spirit..

As our third round of speech therapy nears an end I wish I could say this time was the charm. While I can see a huge difference I feel that we still need to proceed with some more intervention. As a parent it is so hard to see your child struggling, my heart is breaking.
What is even more difficult is after this session ends we will be placed on the waiting list once more and wait another 3 to 5 months to be assessed once again. If Jillian still needs intervention will be seen again with a Pathologist, my fear is that she will have started Senior Kindergarten by then. If this happens she will be seen only through the school board, it is very easy for your child to fall through the cracks. Are only other option would be to go the private route but is very costly.

Together we will work through this my sweet girl , your so determined, I love your spirit...


OH MY #6 said...

this is heart breaking. so close to kindergarten. I did not know that speech pathology was so pricey.

My heart goes out to you my friend.


Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I know all too well how you feel.....I have been down this road with Nick and is so hard to watch your children struggle. Hang in there......sending hugs my friend:)


Vivian M said...

Kerri I hear you, we went the private route and it is $100 for 45 minutes every week. We are STILL waiting for our assessment from the 1st words program (we have been waiting since last summer!). Last I heard, it will be done by July, too late for Kerri to participate in the program. So we really have no choice but to continue the private route. Oh, and the waiting list....we were told they take the younger ones first so they keep bumping us down because they know she will age out. I almost fell out of my chair when they admitted that to all of us at the parent meeting. Her answer to our anger was to contact our PM because they have no resources and are overworked and underpaid. Well since I am a resident and do not vote that option is out for me.

Kayce said...

I too know your feelings. With a wonderful spirit Miss Jilly will succeed just as my Jacob has.

Debz said...

Hope things work out for Jilly.
As for the 3-5 months, I'd keep calling asking to be put on a cancelation list til they got sick of hearing my voice. Trust me it will work!
Love the picture, she is beautiful.

Sam said...

You know you have my understanding and sympathy on this one! I wish it would just get easier. I'm here if you need me!

Dawn - AB Family said...

What a great photo.
She is so beautiful.
I hope things work out for Jillian.

mommy24treasures said...

I pray she continues to improve.

Your pics are beautiful in these past 2 posts. I see you are enjoying that new camera!:)

Yoli said...

I am so sorry. It is heartbreaking. I know you will find a way for your child. I am glad she has such caring dedicated parents. She will come through this.

Jonni said...

What a love photos of your girl and that's great newds that you are noticing a big difference with her speech. Don't worry Kerri, you are an awesome mommy and will make sure Jillian gets everythng she needs. I am so glad that she is doing better with this and very proud of her hard work.


Jewels of My Heart said...

I love all of the pics of your beautiful girls.... I am so sorry that it is such a battle to get your child the help she needs... it just seems like things should be easier sometimes....
Will lift you all up in prayer.
God Bless You,