Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Our morning stroll...

This morning after we dropped Jen off at school Jill and I made are way across the park towards our place of ritual. It usually takes us about ten minutes to walk over to Tim's for our coffee, doughnut and conversation with all the regulars.
This morning everything was covered with a beautiful coating of hoare frost, it was like an artist took painstaking hours and perfected his craft on every blade of grass, leaf and stick in the park.
Jillian never ceases to amaze me, she picked up every leaf and stick all the while carefully investigating the pattern of the frost. She told me some looked like hair, spikes, prickles and fairy wings. I love her sense of wonder, discovery and her imagination.
Our walk took us about thirty minutes, the best minutes of my morning.
I adore this child..

9 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

I can't think of a better way to spend 30 minutes.

Have a great day my friend.

Lea
xo

Twk Kayaks said...

What a beautiful way to begin the day! Looking at the world through the eyes of a child is wondrous.

Vivian M said...

Don't tell me she is hooked on Tim's too! You start them off young! ;o)
I think every moment you can have with your child away from a TV or computer is precious. Time to talk, time to bond.

crazylady said...

Just chillin' with the kids taken literally. Nice double entendre.
Gorgeous shot.

I've been hiding under a frosted rock.

RamblingMother said...

Very cool pic. Love it. You should think about framing it.

M and M said...

That sounds like a great way to start the day.

That picture is incredible!

JMCS said...

I love that Jillian is so contemplative and notices the small things. She is precious. What a beautiful image of the leaf as well.

Hugs,
Jonni

Dawn S. said...

That is a great photo. I love mornings like that...

Maia said...

GORGEOUS photo!!