Sunday, July 6, 2008

Clark family picnic.

The all time favourite candy toss, they both had a large bag full, made for very happy girls, LOL.
The only time Jilly-bean stood still, LOL.
Another game, hot tomato, this was funny to watch!!
The human chain game, this just proves(and to some other people at the picnic), my girls are so tough(and competitive).I don't know where they get it(Daddy??).
Some Grandpa time for Jilly-bean, I just love this shot(Grandpa will be getting a framed copy)

Daddy's girls
Our view for the day, it was just perfect..
Teasing Grandpa, they got his hat, LOL.
And the game is on, LOL!! Who enjoyed this game more, I think Grandpa!!
Puddin Pop relaxing.
A couple of days ago Jen got bit by a mosquito in her forehead, she is very!!!!! sensitive and her face blew up like a balloon. We gave her Be#na dryl and A*dvil to ease the discomfort, it didn't stop her from having fun but she was pretty self conscious. I can't believe at 6 this was an issue, she even replied that "She wasn't beautiful anymore"!!!!!????
I was dumb founded and explained it wasn't the beauty on the outside that mattered, it was what was on the inside.I told her she was the most beautiful girl in the world, both her and her Mie-Mie. This really bothered me, this is something I never thought I would be talking to my 6 year old about.
The Clark picnic has been tradition in my hubby's family since 1900, to all those giving of their time to make this a wonderful, memorable event for our family, we thank you.
We can't wait for next year, we volunteered our time, we are table managers, we felt the girls should also be involved in the set up, it's going to such a great time.

16 comments:

Vivian M said...

Kerri, what wonderful memories you are building for your daughters.
And as for body image, it starts real early. Kerri has already told us she is not beautiful and is too chubby and needs to exercise. No idea where she got that, but we did just like you.
Word of advice: you may want to consider removing the last name from your blog post, especially if it is public. You never know who is reading it. It's horrible we have to be so cautious nowadays, but my motto is better safe than sorry!

D & S said...

It's incredible at six she's already thinking this. I'm glad you comforted her and corrected her, she is a beautiful girl!

Glad you all had a good time at the picnic.

Kayce said...

Love that picture of with grandpa! Beautiful.

Body image stuff is hard. My 13 yo son thinks he is fat, he barely weighs 105 pounds! It so maddening to hear this stuff come out of our children's mouths. As hard as I try to let him know he is perfect, he is still told by his peers otherwise. ARGH!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Your family picnic looked like so much fun.....I loved the picture of Jillian and her grandfather.

Poor Jen....I too am highly sensitive to mosquito's....I had a horrible experience at the beach 2 years ago....I am glad she is on the mend!

Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon.

Lisa

Steffie B. said...

what a wonderful weekend ful of memories and good times. Love the picture of Grandpa too.....pricless....hope Jen's little face is doing better....poor thing....and you tell her Steffie thinks she is bea-u-ti-ful!!!!

OH MY #6 said...

Kerri,

Love these pictures. Looks like it was a beautiful weekend!

Lea
xo

Kim said...

Love all the pictures..
sounds like an amazing weekend. with GREAT memories...
Have a Great Week...
HUGS..

Sam said...

I envy your large extended family. Sounds like everyone had such a wonderful day!!!

The body-image thing is a problem. Our girls are bombarded with it from every angle. I know you can handle it! It's better to see the problem now than later when it is so much harder to fix. (((HUGS)))

JinXiu said...

what wonderful memories and a great family outing. Have a great summer

Carol said...

oh my goodness! You hug that girl and tell her how we all think she is BEAUTIFUl!!!!!!!

JMCS said...

What a fun time and great pictures Kerri. Sorry that Jennifer got bit. Please tell her that she is always beautiful. What little darlings you have my friend. :)

Headmeister said...

WOW - at 6? Isn't it amazing what a 6 year old can learn from just a little bit of advertising? Unreal, and sad! She is GORGEOUS, and I can see that even with my eyes closed, because it emanates from within her :)

And Kerri - GREAT PICS!!!

redmaryjanes said...

The Clark picnic looks like a wonderful tradition.
Unfortunately there is so much pressure on young women (women in general) to be perfect on the outside. The media is definitely sending the wrong message.

Lauren and Ed said...

Hi! Sorry I have not posted in ages on your blog. I have been swamped and runnng ragged, but I still have been "lurking." Looks like you all had a lovely holiday. Your girls are so photogenic. I enjoy looking at their sweet faces! I can see Jillian has some of Mia's devious personality! Ha Ha! Keeps life interesting, doesn't it?:) I think Jennifer resembles Mia somewhat too. :)

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

The picnic looked like a ton of fun... as my mum always told me... 'Never judge a book by it's cover'... I think it was a great way of you saying it... take care

Jewels of My Heart said...

What a wonderful tradition! I am certain your girls will cherish these precious memories each year as they grow up....
Oh, Sweet Jen, you could never be anything but beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kerri, I am with you.... who would have ever thought... but our children are exposed to that mindset even when we try to shelter them from it.
Big Hug